Whether recreating the long-lost art of letter writing or working from home, the right desk can make all the difference in productivity or organization. Writing desks were first introduced in the 16th century. Since then, they've taken on many shapes and sizes to suit an array of spaces. At Laurel Crown, you can create your own custom desk by collaborating with our specialty design department. Contact us today to learn more about our custom home office desks.
Any custom writing desk in the Chippendale or Queen Anne styles will typically feature ball-and-claw feet, but a custom office desk built in the Federal, Sheraton, or Empire styles will usually include neoclassical motifs or distinct veneers for an elaborate appeal. If your custom secretary desk won't be used as frequently, you can easily get away with elaborate and opulent ornamentation. Victorian-style custom home office desks look especially sophisticated with contrasting veneers. We proudly provide oak, pine, walnut, cherry, rosewood, and other stains, so you can match other woods within your home.
Custom Home Office Desk FAQs
- What are the first steps in creating a custom office desk?
- With any custom furniture order from Laurel Crown, it's a multi-step process that begins with a call to one of our design experts. In that call, we'll discuss size and design specifications, as well as production, delivery, and, of course, cost.
- What furniture styles are available?
- Great question. For custom furniture, Laurel Crown's entire style catalog is essentially open to the customer. You can choose from a specific period, such as Chippendale or Queen Anne, or if you're more adventurous, you can discuss creating your own style from various periods. The choice is yours.
- What are my finish choices?
- Again, as a custom furniture piece, you can choose a standard finish, which you can view on our Samples page. You also can work with our design expert if you have a particular hue in mind.
Having trouble deciding what kind of custom office desk you would like best? Explore our collection to find inspiration from some of the most popular furniture periods throughout time. Your design may also be affected by what the custom writing desk will be used for. We can customize the size, number of drawers, and filing cabinets according to your exact specifications and needs. Interested in modifying the stain of your custom secretary desk? Contact us today to receive wood samples so you can better envision the final product. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-573-1008 or simply submit a project inquiry online.