Ordering customizations for our select pieces of furniture has never been easier until now. At Laurel Crown, our team of antique reproduction specialists can help you create the accent or statement piece of your dreams, turning your vision into a reality with unequaled accuracy and authenticity. Many of our existing designs are indistinguishable from genuine antiques. That is because we carve, sand, and finish each piece by hand using old-world techniques and the finest materials.
"Let's Talk Customizations."
We can provide minor customization touches to many of our existing designs. Although we work almost exclusively with mahogany and pine wood, we do offer a limited selection of other stain colors. We can also build furniture raw, without finishing or upholstery. If you like the look of one of our designs but it isn't quite right for your home and already have chosen and purchased custom upholstery, we are happy to use your custom upholstery on our existing designs, too.
We specialize in various period styles, including Chippendale, Colonial, Empire, French Provincial, Louis XV, Regency, and Victorian, among many others.
We are devoted to handcrafting furniture our customers will treasure for many years.
How Does it Work?
We strive to make orders as simple and smooth as possible. There are four steps to our process:
- Proposal: Once you contact us with your customization request with one of our experts, we will assess your project requirements and calculate the cost and lead time of designing and building your custom furniture. We only require 30% of the invoice amount down at the start of the project.
- Design: Your voice is critical to creating the perfect piece for your home. With your preferences and requests in mind, we will make the concept sketches and draft drawings (if required), revising them until we have your vision down on paper. We will also collaborate with you to finalize the finish and upholstery choices during this stage. Once you've sent your custom upholstery to use to work with, we begin the next step.
- Production: Once approved, we will meticulously add your customizations to a final physical product that hopefully exceeds your expectations. Our antique reproductions are carefully crafted by our talented craftsmen, who have years, if not decades, of experience in handcrafting the highest quality furniture.
- Delivery: We will notify you as soon as your project is complete. The final 70% of the invoice amount is due at this time. Your one-of-a-kind furniture is transported from our factory to our distribution warehouse, where we will prepare and package your order for shipment by freight or white glove delivery. Rest assured, we take every precaution necessary to ensure your order is shipped and delivered to your door in pristine condition.
How Much Does it Cost?
Custom ordering from our basic upholstery fabrics and finishes is free. Premium fabric and finish requests can cost 10% to 25% over the original product price. To qualify for aesthetic customizations, furniture pieces, and antique reproductions must start at a minimum of $500. These are just guidelines, but we would happily provide you with an estimate for your specific project.
How Long Will It Take?
We run several custom production cycles annually, so lead times may vary based on when you place your order with us, customer demand, and how far in advance we have booked. We are generally booked 3 – 4 months in advance, although this is not always true. Please get in touch with us for an up-to-date production schedule and status.
We would love nothing more than to help you realize your vision. Please let us know how we can help you design the perfect furniture for your home. Contact us by calling 1-800-573-1008 or completing our online form!
Why Minor Customizations?
Decorating a new home for the first time or re-decorating a beloved home is a special occasion. Furnishing your living space allows you to personalize each room, from the color scheme to matching furniture. Many adore watching their tastes and dream décor come to life after the long, careful process of creating and choosing each accent piece, and for many, that dream décor is a reflection of personality—something that no one else has. In today's culture of mass manufacturing, mass-produced and sometimes questionable quality furniture, minor customizations of pieces stand out amidst the rest.
A master craftsman who shapes your furniture rather than a machine guarantees that your furniture will always be unique. When you own something wholly yours and unlike any other, it becomes a treasured piece, not to be mirrored anywhere else.
Custom Furniture Advantages
- Unique style not found in any piece of furniture anywhere else. Whether you are an interior designer or simply a homeowner looking for one-of-a-kind customized furniture, it can always reflect that unique vision that is uniquely you.
- While it may be more accessible, quicker, and cheaper to own ready-made, manufactured furniture, in the long run, questionable materials and builds that often break, make it an investment loss. Custom-made furniture, made by hand, is a meticulous, careful product. From professionals choosing the materials to how it is put together, a handmade piece of furniture will be built to last for years—even generations—to come.
- Customized touches to furniture allow the customer a more comprehensive range of variety through non-standard features that many mass-produced furniture pieces lack.
- Customizations through Laurel Crown are always ethically and responsibly sourced.
Custom Furniture Benefits
- Handmade wooden furniture gives a regal, classic appearance that withstands changing cultural fads and frequently evolving styles, remaining tasteful no matter the year or decade.
- Sturdy, beautiful wooden furniture is always an elegant addition and theme to any room, resonating with homeowners and guests alike.
- Furniture from Laurel Crown always contains the highest quality materials, from the choice of Honduras mahogany, mortise, and tenon joinery, exceptional hand-carved details, and the choice of finishes.
- Perfect for those who love vintage. Vintage goods and antique reproduction furniture go hand in hand.
- Your Laurel Crown furniture piece has an exceeding amount of potential to become the next treasured family heirloom, creating a new family legacy.
Last but never least, our furniture supports highly skilled craftsmanship and cabinetmakers.